- Founded in Singapore and one of the pioneers in IT-focused distribution in Asia
- One of the first to introduce new PC and latest technology products to the Asian markets, such as Dyson floppy disk, Japanese printers and floppy drives and 3Com network, as well as started building a large reseller network
- SiS was one of the first few Singapore companies to be listed overseas, with the listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (529.HK)
- Began distribution of D-Link, Nortel and Cisco
- Invested in SiS Thailand and grew it to be one of the largest distributor of IT products in Thailand
- First to Introduce smartphones to Asia
- In four short years, listed SiS Thailand on the Thailand Stock Exchange (SIS.TH)
- Acquired Synergy Technologies (Asia) Limited to form SiS Mobile
- Acquired a stake in ITCL, a provider of payment gateway services and one of the leading providers of ATMs in Bangladesh
- Sold IT distribution business in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia to conglomerate Jardine Matheson Group, a conglomerate with diversified businesses
- Acquired Rinku Gate Tower in Osaka, the second tallest building in Japan*
- Acquired another five hotel properties in Japan
- Acquired two hotel properties in Otaru and Hakodate
- Acquired two hotel properties in Tokyo and Kyoto respectively
- SIS Mobile Holdings Limited succesfully listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (1362.HK)
- In five short years, listed Information Technology Consultants Limited on 2 stock exchanges in Bangladesh – Dhaka and Chittagong
- Ventured into the asset management business and obtained the Registered Fund Management Company (“RFMC”) regulated by Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Acquires seven hospitality properties in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Sapporo and Otaru in Japan respectively
- Acquired additional interest in SIS Thailand thus it became a subsidiary of SIS Group
- Acquired a hotel property in Sanjo Japan.
- Acquired a hotel property in Okinawa and a hostel in Kyoto.
- Rinku Gate Tower was renamed to SiS Rinku Tower.
- Grand opening of a 258 rooms hotel in SiS Rinku Tower.
- Acquired two hotel properties in Nagano and Wakayama respectively